This is for people who are willing to invest AUD5 million into complying investments in Australia.
This is a temporary visa. Once you have maintained an investment of at least AUD5 million over four years, you can apply for permanent residency through the Business Innovation & Investment (Residence) visa (Subclass 888).
You can be nominated by a state or territory government or AusTrade on behalf of the Australian government.
You must have a genuine and realistic commitment to:
- Reside in the state or territory whose government agency nominated you
- Continue your business and investment activity in Australia
- Live in Australia for at least 40 days per year for the duration of your provisional visa; or
- Your spouse to live in Australia for at least 180 days per year for the duration of your provisional visa.
Note: the days are calculated cumulatively.
You must make a complying significant investment of at least AUD5 million over four years in the following proportion:
- At least AUD500,000 in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies.
- At least AUD1.5 million in approved managed funds investing in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- A ‘balancing investment’ of at least AUD3 million in managed funds that may invest in a range of assets, including ASX-listed companies, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities, and commercial real estate.
Business and Investment visas are extremely complex and have extensive requirements. If you are not sure whether you will meet the requirements, we can assist you.
You can book a consultation with our Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents to discuss your eligibility and options.
The consultation will allow us to gather facts about your situation, and your priorities to customize a unique visa and migration pathway that may be available to you.