This is for people who want to invest AUD1.5 million in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
Applicant/s must be nominated by a state or territory government.
This is a temporary visa. Once you have maintained an investment in Australia for at least four years, you can apply for permanent residency through the Business Innovation & Investment (Residence) visa (Subclass 888).
- Under the age of 55 years of age, unless the state and territory government waive this requirement (you must show that your proposed complying entrepreneur activity will be of “exceptional economic” benefit to the nominating state or territory)
- Score at least 65 on the points test
- Make an investment of AUD1.5 million in a state or territory government security and be prepared to hold that investment for at least four years from date of issue in your nominating state or territory
- Have a high level of management skill
- Have at least three years’ experience of direct involvement in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments**
- Have an overall successful record of eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- Have a genuine intention to live in the state or territory in which you have made a designated investment for at least two years
- For at least 1 of the 5 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, you, your partner, or you and your partner combined must:
- hold at least 10% of the shares of the business in which you manage
- own eligible investments of at least AUD1.5 million
- have a net business, investment and personal assets of at least AUD2.25 million that are available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted
**Eligible investments for the purpose of the Investor stream include:
- Cash on deposit
- Real estate
- Ownership interest in a business
- Loan to a business
- Stocks or bonds
- Gold or bullion
Business and Investment visas are extremely complex and have extensive requirements. If you are not sure whether you will meet the requirements, we can assist you.
You can book a consultation with our Immigration Lawyers and Migration Agents to discuss your eligibility and options.
The consultation will allow us to gather facts about your situation, and your priorities to customize a unique visa and migration pathway that may be available to you.